Explanation of Imam Ghazali’s Forty Foundations of Religion
In collaboration with SeekersGuidance, Sh. Faraz Rabbani will be covering Imam Ghazali’s Forty Foundations of the Religion (al‐Arba`in fi Usul al‐Din : الأربعين في أصول الدين ) in four intensive one‐day seminars using Ghazali’s own summary, in 40 short chapters of his magnum opus, Ihya’ `Ulum al‐Din : إحياء علوم الدين
Cost: $10 per class or $35 for all 4 classes
Time: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Food: Available for purchase
Sponsorship: If you would like to sponsor an attendee, please click here to complete the registration form on their behalf.
NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY due to lack of funds. Please contact us if you would like to attend.
Cancellation: There will be a $5.00 registration cancellation fee.
- To give people the fundamental principles to bring their beliefs, worship, life, conduct, and character to life‐‐to bring the light of Prophetic excellence into one’s life and religion.
- Covering one of the greatest Islamic texts‐‐a summary of arguably the greatest‐ever authored book in spirituality.
- Inspire people to seek knowledge and to make a life‐commitment to strive for excellence in their deen.
- To give people a broad understanding of the way of Islamic scholarship and knowledge; to appreciate how Islamic knowledge works; to appreciate the mercy, excellence, and virtues that are the foundations of the religion; to show people the beauty of Islam and how to bring beauty and excellence into their own life.
- To contextualize this text to our circumstances and lives‐‐by showing how Imam Ghazali’s understanding of Prophetic wisdom can be lived in a relevant and practical manner, in the context of our time and place.
The series will be conducted over 4 seminars in total, and each seminar will be held at the Islamic Forum of Canada.
Islamic Forum Of Canada [with Sh. Faisal Abdul Razzaq] – map
Seminar I – Islamic Beliefs: The 10 Principles
Seminar II – Worship and Life
Seminar III – Purification of the Soul
Seminar IV – Praiseworthy Character